Planning for Reentry for Freshwaters
We are tentatively planning on June 28th or July 5th for in-person worship. We will keep everyone informed via our Facebook page, website, and email.
In the event that the Governor Tim Walz and Bishop Bruce Ough give their okay for us to resume in person worship – we at Freshwaters will take the following precautions.
· We will offer two worship services, 8:30 AM and 10:30 AM, in order to keep the numbers spread out between the worship services. Also, these being our typical worship times will give people a sense of continuity and routine pre-COVID.
· We will encourage physical distancing in worship with people sitting 6 feet apart; spouses/families of course will sit together. We imagine that worship attendance will be under 50 people per worship service.
· We will encourage people to wear masks during worship – we will have masks available for those who do not have them.
· The offering will be online. If people bring in their offering, we will have them place it into the plate rather than passing the plate.
· We will develop a manner of communion in order to reduce possibility of spread of germs.
· People will have access to hand wipes, hand sanitizer -- people will be encouraged to bring their own.
· There will be no coffee hour during the summer months.
· Between worship services there will be a team that will wipe down/sanitize high traffic areas.
· Online worship will be offered for both services for those who elect to remain at home.
· We might attempt to have an outdoor worship service in a park or “drive-in” in the parking lot at the city hall or between Freshwaters and First Congregational Church. To be prayerfully determined!!!
· People are encouraged to wash their hands before coming to worship and after attending worship.
· People need to exercise personal responsibility and if they are sick, they should stay home. If you are nervous about getting sick, please worship online with us from home.